Our international Hospitality Management program, taught in English, provides you with the skills to meet the demands of the international hospitality industry. The Program combines academic studies with practical real-world experience and will help you to develop analytical skills within finance, marketing and leadership.
The tourism industry is one of the fastest growing industries in the world and future career opportunities within the industry are excellent. Being taught in English will prepare you for the international nature of the industry either in Sweden or abroad.
Our graduate students obtain positions such as Hotel Manager, Revenue Manager, Food and Beverage Manager, Sales and Marketing Manager, Executive Housekeeper, Reception Supervisor and Conference Manager.
Our international Hospitality Management program, taught in English, provides you with the skills to meet the demands of the international hospitality industry. The program combines academic studies with practical real-world experience and will help you to develop analytical skills within finance, marketing and leadership.
The Hospitality Management program is recognised by international hospitality universities. This provides our students with the opportunity to apply for third and/or final year entrance to these universities and complement their education by completing a Bachelor’s Degree.
One third of the program is carried out as an internship (LIA), giving you a unique opportunity to strengthen your network within the industry.
- Business administration and entrepreneurship, 45 p
- Degree project, 25 p
- Food & Beverage Management, 25 p
- Hospitality Operations & Event Management, 30 p
- Internship 1, 40 p
- Internship 2, 90 p
- Digital communication tools, 10 p
- Marketing and sales, Revenue Management, 50 p
- Organization, Leadership and HR Management, 50 p
- Project Management, 10 p
- Security, preparedness and accessibility, 10 p
- Service Management, 10 p
- Tourism and Hospitality Industry, 10 p
Study forms and examination
The program is a two year full time education carried out on site, i.e a correspondence option is not available. The program results in a higher vocational diploma.
The lecture format varies and is carried out in the form of project work, lectures, seminars and study visits. We work in close cooperation with the industry and the majority of the teachers are currently working in the industry.
Clarion Hotel Post – Handelshögskolan Göteborgs universitet – Hotel Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel – Hotel Royal – Scandic Backadal – Spar Hotel – Svenska Mässan – Quality Hotel 11 – Scandic Backadal – Scandic Rubinen – Spar Hotel – Quality Hotel Winn
General entry requirements
In order to meet the general entry requirements to an advanced higher vocational education, all applicants must have successfully completed their upper secondary (high school) education.
Specific entry requirements
- Minimum grade E in English 6, Swedish 2, Mathematics 2.
- One year work experience in a service or tourism related position. The work experience must have been carried out after a completed upper secondary school (high school) education.
How do I apply?
- Gather the required documentation to upload to your application
- Submit your application via the link on our website
Submit with your application
- Digital copies of your Upper High School final grades (gymnasiebetyg), the grades should be scanned or photographed copies of the original signed and dated documents
- Other documentation which provides further proof of the entry requirements
Who gets accepted to the program?
Once we have reviewed your application, we will contact you directly if your application does not fulfill the prerequisite entry requirements.
Selection to this program is based on a judgement of your grades and work experience.
Notice of acceptance to the program
Notice of acceptance will be sent out to applicants in June. If places remain in the program and you lodge a late application, your notice of acceptance will be sent out as soon as we have processed your application.